Welcome to the home of Workday at Cornell. Please continue to visit this website for updated news about Workday, especially regarding upcoming events, training and important announcements.
The Latest News:
New Guidelines for Summer Salary: Please review the new guideline for paying summer salary to nine month professorial faculty. These were developed to improve consistency of process and practice and enhance conformance with sponsor regulations. Also included is a spreadsheet-based template to assist in the calculations of these appointments. This spreadsheet contains the attestation to be signed when faculty receive more than 2.5 months of support for the summer period. If you have questions or concerns about these guidelines or related policies, please contact Sandy Dhimitri at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or concerns about sponsored funding, the attestation, or the use of endowed appointments in the contract colleges, please contact Jeffrey Silber at email@example.com. If you have questions about how the Workday process, please feel free to contact the Workday Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A New Electronic Tax Withholding Option: Employees may also update their Federal and State withholding allowances via Workday. Click here for additional help on updating both federal and state tax allowances. If you have additional questions regarding either of these new electronic options, please contact the Payroll office at 255-5194.
For All Other Roles:
- Workday 24 is now here: The recent transition to WD24 on 3/14/15 has brought various changes, including the use of document attachments. To find out more, please review the Summary of What’s New in Workday 24 as well as the Documents Attachments Job Aid (recently updated on 3/30/15).
- Multiple Jobs Benefits Eligibility: The University is working toward delivering a “whole employment” approach to hiring and employing faculty and staff. Our goal is to treat employees holding multiple jobs consistently and fairly. Not only is this the right thing to do, it also ensures the University is in compliance with both pension and health care regulations. This new process will be effective for new appointments after July 1, 2014. All appointments, including existing appointments, must adhere by January 1, 2015 to avoid possible federal penalties. To learn more about these changes please review the Multiple Jobs Benefits Eligibility Guidelines,How-To-Charts and Multiple Jobs Benefit Eligibility FAQ’s.
- Student Lean Changes: There have been a number of changes made over the past 6 months to enhance the efficiency of the student hiring process. Additional changes have been made as of July 1 to support Student Employment processing. For more information, please view the recorded presentation on Workday Student Lean.
- New eNewsletter: Please review the latest (March 2015 Edition) update, in which you will find:
- Update on Document Attachments
- New Developments: I-9, SSN and IRPRA Forms
- Preparing for the SIP Load
- Quick Reminders