Welcome! to the home of Workday at Cornell. Please continue to visit this website for updated news about Workday, especially regarding upcoming events, training and important announcements.
Important Notice: Option Transfer for New York State (Contract College) Faculty and Staff is now open! Please reference the message sent from the Benefits Service Office for the specific details. Remember, your 2014 plan selections will automatically carry over to 2015 if you make no changes. If you wish to enroll in another option or to participate in flexible spending for 2015, you must take action. The deadline to make any changes is 5:00 p.m. (EST) on December 22, 2014. For further instructions, please see Contract College Instructions for Option Transfer 2015.
- A New Electronic W-2 Option: We are excited to announce employees may choose to receive your year-end W-2 form electronically, rather than through the US mail. By opting in to electronic delivery, you may print a pdf version through Workday as soon as available and as many times as needed. For further information and detailed instructions please click here.
- A New Electronic Tax Withholding Option: Employees may also update their Federal and State withholding allowances via Workday. Click here for additional help on updating both federal and state tax allowances. If you have additional questions regarding either of these new electronic options, please contact the Payroll office at 255-5194.
For All Other Roles:
- Multiple Jobs Benefits Eligibility: The University is working toward delivering a “whole employment” approach to hiring and employing faculty and staff. Our goal is to treat employees holding multiple jobs consistently and fairly. Not only is this the right thing to do, it also ensures the University is in compliance with both pension and health care regulations. This new process will be effective for new appointments after July 1, 2014. All appointments, including existing appointments, must adhere by January 1, 2015 to avoid possible federal penalties. To learn more about these changes please review the Multiple Jobs Benefits Eligibility Guidelines,How-To-Charts and Multiple Jobs Benefit Eligibility FAQ’s.
- Student Lean Changes: There have been a number of changes made over the past 6 months to enhance the efficiency of the student hiring process. Additional changes have been made as of July 1 to support Student Employment processing. For more information, please view the recorded presentation on Workday Student Lean.
- Workday Redesign: Get up to speed faster by reviewing the What’s New with the Workday Visual Redesign? quick reference guide which we will walk you through the key changes.
- New eNewsletter: Please review the latest (September Edition) update, in which you will find:
- What’s Next – Multiple Job Benefits Eligibility
- 2014 Vacation Cutter Process
- Open Enrollment 2014
- Reporting Update
- Assigning Kronos Roles in Workday
- Quick Reminders